HOUSE OF TOWDAH ORPHANAGE (Tanjung Uban, Bintan)
House of Towdah opened its doors on 2 November 2015 to love and care for orphaned, abused and abandoned children who need a place they can call home and needy children from very poor families who cannot afford to look after them.
We believe that each child is precious to God and that He wants us all to care for the orphans, the widows and the distressed.
House of Towdah also believes that education is of the utmost importance and every child should be given the opportunity to go as far as he or she can in his or her education.
We hope to encourage all our children to be a light to others in need when they have the skills and means to help others.
To transform the lives of orphaned and impoverished children and raise strong and courageous citizens with godly character and values.
To provide a safe and warm home for orphans and needy children where they will be loved, protected and cared for.
We do this by:
- meeting their physical, spiritual, emotional, and educational needs.
- teaching them the goodness and grace of God, as well as values such as forgiveness, respect, kindness, honour and diligence.
- ensuring that we have godly, caring and well-equipped caregivers.
- working with partners who share the same calling and burden for the orphans and distressed children.
Why the name “Towdah”?
It is a Hebrew word that literally means, “an extension of the hand in adoration, avowal, or acceptance.”
In the Psalms, it is used for thanking God for blessings not yet received as well as blessings already at hand.
Our Towdah logo reflects three aspects:
- the physical act of raising our hands in joyful praise and worship;
- the grateful receiving of His grace and love to us;
- our care and nurturing of the children.
Let us come before Him with thanksgiving (towdah) and extol Him with music and song. Psalm 95:2
Let them sacrifice thank (towdah) offerings and tell of His works with songs of joy. Psalm 107:22
We pray that House of Towdah will be a house of joy and thanksgiving, giving praise always to our Lord.